Friday, November 9, 2007

SerGAY Lazarev Riffs Off Mika

He's singing dance pop...
In a falsetto...
Is it British/Lebanese sensation Mika?
NO! It's Russian pop star SerGAY Lazarev!
Seriously... the first song I heard from his solo debut was "Just Because You Walk Away (Dazhe Yesli Ti Uidesh)" which is a ballad, and sounds like something Premier Minister might have recorded in a "serious" moment.



But now, as you can probably guess from this picture, most of Lazarev's music is frothy dance pop. "Fake" is one of the worst songs I have ever heard in my life, yet I still listen to it for some reason. And I just came across "TV or Radio" on Zaycev and seriously thought a girl was singing it for the first few lines...then I thought...WAIT! This is that Sergey Lazarev guy! Then, I decided that it's not 1000% embarrassing--it sounds a little like Mika, but with more digitized voice alteration and manufactured beats. I can see it in the next cheesy movie soundtrack now....

1 comment:

www.cuenca-3d.com said...

Wow, there is a lot of useful data above!